Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Introduction

Well, here it goes. I guess I’ll keep this first post short and sweet and get over the anxiety of starting to blog by introducing myself, explain the purpose of this blog and post a few pictures of some of the quilts I’ve completed.


My name is Leslie and I am married to Mr. Wonderful. We are the proud parents of 3 precious puppies (more on them in future posts, I’m sure). I’ve been quilting since the mid 90s when I took a series of learn-to-quilt classes from a local quilt shop with a friend and I’ve been merrily quilting ever since. I love to hand appliqué and hand quilt.


The purpose of this blog is to have a platform to talk about quilting and review products we have in our online quilt shop, http://www.thequiltdepartment.com/ in a more personal way than we can on our website or on Facebook. I hope you enjoy and look forward to your feedback.


Jacobs Stars - Quilt Design by Susan Teegarden Dissmore
Machine Pieced and Quilted

Tulips and Tossed Greens - Quilt Design by Kim Diehl
Machine Pieced, Hand Applique, Machine & Hand Quilted
Autumn Pennies - Quilt Design by Kim Diehl
Machine Pieced, Hand Applique & Hand Quilted
Democratic Rose - Quilt Design by Barbara Brandeburg
Machine Pieced, Appliqued & Quilted

Log Cabin
Machine Pieced & Hand Quilted

3 comments:

  1. Hi,Leslie just found your blog while looking for fab shop hop bunny. I love your quilts. What kind of puppies.Just bookmarked your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Debbie! We have 2 Golden Retrievers and 1 Yorkie. I'm sure they'll be making appearances eventually because one of of them is usually somewhere under foot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, leslie, congrats on your new blog .... will look forward to following you on my own new blog. thanx for doing the bunny thing, too. it's great browsing through gathering info, ideas, and seeing what's new.

    ReplyDelete